It’s a Magnificent Meatless Monday!
If you are trying to transition over to more of a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle for health reasons, or because you can’t find meat in the grocery stores, these Beet “Fries” are the perfect compliment to any meal, or they are satisfying enough to stand-alone as a main dish!
For these "Fries," simply follow these easy instructions:
* Preheat oven to 425 degrees
* Slice beets (we used 4 medium-sized beets for our family of 4) into 1/4 thick strips (or thinner if you like shoestring fries)
* Place beet slices in a mixing bowl with a light smattering of olive oil and toss until well coated
* Transfer beet strips over to a foil lined baking pan
* Season lightly with pink salt
* Bake for 10 minutes
* Flip fries and bake for another 10 minutes
* Once baked for a total of 20 minutes (or until crispy), take pan out of oven and sprinkle with Parsley
(These are the perfect compliment to a vegan black bean burger, or simply as an appetizer).