Grilled 'Cheese' Sandwiches!
With a little chill in the air today, my kiddos requested Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup for lunch!
Since we had a few extra moments in our day, our whole family rubbed elbows in the kitchen and made ‘Vegan Grilled Cheese’ sandwiches together!
Follow these super simple instructions and you can have clean, vegan, comfort food ready in moments!
* Heat up a cast iron skillet to medium heat on your stove top (we selected between heat levels 5-6)
* Gently brush Olive Oil on the outside of two pieces of Ezekiel 4:29 Bread
* Cut two slices of Daiya Dairy-Free Cheddar Cheese Slices in half
* Once your skillet is warm, place the Olive Oil side down in your pan and place the cheese slices on top of the bread
* If you like to include any add-ons in your sandwich, now is the time to do so (our family enjoys pickles or spinach leaves)
* Top your cheese/add-on concoction with the other slice of bread (oil side out)
* Cook until slightly brown, then flip over to the other side
* Serve with homemade Tomato Soup (please see our blog post from 12/19/19 for the recipe) and enjoy!