Homemade Tomato Soup!
It’s Meatless Monday!
With the rainy, hailing, cold winter weather AZ is experiencing today, our dinner called for warm, homemade, comforting Tomato Soup!
In less than 5 minutes and 45 seconds, our dinner was ready and it was the perfect complement to the crazy weather.
* 1 - 28 oz. can whole, peeled tomatoes
* ½ cup low sodium vegetable broth, or water
* 1½ garlic clove
* ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
* 1/8 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
* 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
* ½ tablespoon tomato paste
* ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the tomatoes (with their juices), broth/water, garlic, thyme, rosemary (if using), oregano, and tomato paste in a blender (use a high-speed blender, such as a Vitamix, if you have one). Season with salt and pepper.
Turn the machine on and gradually increase the speed to high. Blend until completely smooth (give it a good minute or two). If you’re using a Vitamix, continue blending until the soup is hot and steam escapes from the lid plug, about 5 minutes. If you’re using a regular blender, transfer the soup to a pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Top with dried basil and enjoy!