It's the first Monday of a new month, a new year, and a new decade!
With this monumental day on the calendar, big changes are in store!
If you have been wanting to transform your eating habits and transition over to a more plant-based diet, now is the time!
You do not have to swear off bacon for the rest of your life (if you want to, by all means go for it), and you do not even have to give up meat cold turkey; ease into it.
If you are however wanting to make an easy transition to a more plant-based diet, I will assure you, it can be done and it can be rather easy.
With tasty recipes that even mimic animal-based products, you and your family will not even know the amazing changes you are making for your health, your food budget, and for the environment.
These vegan, gluten-free, egg-free Chickpea 'Meatballs' are packed with flavor and resemble the taste and consistency of a regular meatball. They might just be the little nuggets that help you and your family start off the decade in a great new way!
Following you may find the recipe for this Meatless Monday favorite:
* 1 Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 2 Tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh Garlic, minced
* 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, minced
* A shake of Salt and Pepper (to taste)
* Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
* Spread the drained and rinsed chickpeas on a paper towel and gently dry them off/rub off the skins. Once the chickpeas are skinned, throw them into a small food processor or blender.
* Add all of the other ingredients and blend until the mixture resembles a paste.
* Use a cookie dough scoop or your hands and form the mixture into 16 -18 meatballs.
* Bake at 450 degrees for 13-14 minutes. Turn the meatballs over gently with tongs and then bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the meatballs are crispy and golden brown.
Serve over a bed of quinoa and spinach and then top with Tomato Sauce and desired spices.