Roasted Cauliflower Bites
Another Meatless Monday is upon us and we had to share one of our new favorite appetizers: Roasted Cauliflower Bites!
These flavorful bites are a great way to stay on track nutritionally, or to get your kids eating more veggies!
Following you may find the necessary ingredients:
* 1 Large Head of Cauliflower
* Coconut Oil Spray or Olive Oil Spray
* 1/2 Teaspoon Parsley Flakes
* 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
* 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
* 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
* 1/2 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs (or you can make your own crumbs by toasting 2 pieces of sprouted bread and grinding up the toasted bread)
* 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Then, chop up your head of Cauliflower so that each bite-sized piece has one flat edge to it.
Next, mix together your breadcrumbs and spices mixture.
Very lightly spray your lined baking sheet with oil, and evenly spread your breadcrumb seasoning mixture all over the pan.
Finally, press your Cauliflower bites (flat side down) onto the seasoning mixture.
Once your bites are evenly distributed across your pan, you may lightly spray the Cauliflower bites with oil and immediately sprinkle on more black pepper or parsley flakes.
Bake for 20 minutes, until your kitchen smells heavenly and the breadcrumb mixture looks golden brown.
Use tongs to turn over the Cauliflower bites, so that the breadcrumb side is now facing up. Bake for another 5 minutes to golden perfection.