Terrific Tabbouleh Salad!
It's a Terrific Tuesday for a Tabbouleh Salad!
Since Arizona is still sporting some rather warm temperatures, the more refreshing our dinners can be, the better!
This Tabbouleh Salad was light enough for the warm weather, but definitely filling.
The best part is that we put this together in a flash and it was devoured even quicker.
Check out the super simple recipe here:
* 1/2 Cup Quinoa
* 1 Cup Diced English Cucumber
* 1 Cup Diced Cherry Tomatoes
* 1 Cup Roasted Asparagus (chilled)
* 3 Medium Bunches Curly Parsley (finely chopped)
* 1/3 Cup Fresh Mint, Chopped (optional, but recommended)
* 1/3 Cup Thinly Sliced Onion
* 1/8 Cup Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
* Less than 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 3-4 Teaspoons Lemon Juice, to taste
* 1 Medium Clove Garlic, pressed or minced
Cook the Quinoa until tender, according to package instructions. Drain off any excess water and set aside to cool.
In the interim, combine the diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chilled asparagus, parsley, fresh mint, and onions. Add the chilled quinoa.
In a small measuring cup, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Pour it into the salad and stir to combine. Taste and add more lemon juice (or salt), if desired.
Chill the entire salad for 15 minutes before serving. Top with Pepitas and enjoy!